Sunday 5 July 2015

Brush cleaning!!

Hello and welcome to my blog!! 
I've been really behind with blogging lately I've felt pretty disheartened and been extremely busy!! But here I am and I intended to be able posting a lot more often. 
As you may have read in one of my first posts I was applying too college to do access to midwifery and I did get in I'm off too enrol on Tuesday and I am so excited to start in September; now to find a decent nursery for my baby girl!! 
So into the actual blog post now as you might be able to tell from the title and my previous Instagram post this blog entry is going to be all about how I clean my brushes.
I love nothing more then applying my makeup with clean brushes and it always seems too look 10x better when the brushes are clean (is that just me?), but I also hate washing and drying my brushes. It is the most boring thing in the world. 
I wash all of my brushes once a week and give them a wipe over after every use. It's really important to keep your brushes clean to prevent breakouts it's also really important when washing brushes too not get the furrow wet as any water in there can unstick the glue and cause shedding or the brush to actually fall apart - as I have experienced. 
I think brush cleansers are quite personal we all like different scents and ingredients but I do think brush cleansers are kind of a gimmick it is so simple and cost efficient to make them yourself so here is the ingredients to mine!! I mix this up in an old mini shower gel bottle. 
1. Something antibacterial this is really important as obviously we need to kill the bacteria. This can be any thing from hand soap to face wash but not that antibacterial hand rub as you need something that's going to bubble. I use witch oil controlling face wash - my theory to this was if its good enough for my face must be good enough for my brushes since they go on my face? And yes turns out it is. I pour this rather then pump it as the pump causes foam and that's not what I want. 
2. Something that smells nice and bubbles - My face wash doesn't have the nicest scent to it so again you can use anything shampoo shower gel anything I personally use either Aussie shampoo or body shop shower gel (the body shop ones are soap less and smell divine!!). 
3. Something conditioning -
For this I either use olive oil, coconut oil (melted in the microwave first) or hair conditioner right now I am out of olive/coconut oil so I am going to use my Aussie hair conditioner. 

And that is the mixture for my brush cleanser I shake this all together in its bottle and viola it's done. 
Now for the actual washing of my brushes my best friend is an absolute gem and got me this great little brush egg I believe she paid 99p for it on eBay and it has literally cut my brush cleaning time in half. Kabuki brushes have always been my biggest hate but this thing makes it so so much easier I love it!!! 

So with this I add a small amount of my brush cleaner swirl the brush into it rinse and repeat if necessary and it is that simple!! 

Now I'm a little bit of a weirdo and I comb my makeup brushes and sometimes blow dry them 🙈 but if I don't have time to blow dry them I wrap them in tissue like a brush guard and place them on a flat surface or a folded towel. They usually dry over night and are ready too use in the morning!! 
Thank you for reading today's post as always any feed back is always appreciated please subscribe and give my Instagram a follow billiesbeautyinsta 

No comments:

Post a Comment