Saturday 2 May 2015

Advice!


Hello and welcome to my blog !! 
Today's post is going to be my first advice blog. If you follow me in Instagram you would of seen that every Sunday I'm going to be posting an advice blog. This can be about anything from day to day life to makeup literally anything you need advice on, you can either dm me via Instagram or email me at billiesbeautyblog@gmail.com
So the first thing I was asked about was exfoliater - somebody looking for some thing more gritty then their ysl one. Honestly I have never used any ysl skincare so while I can't compare I can say that my all time favourite is St Ives apricot scrub, it is gritty smells nice and makes your skin feel amazing. I exfoliate daily even though it is recommended for 1-2 a week. I've been using this since I was about 15 and am never without a bottle of it in my bathroom. They do a few different  ones for different skin problems but the normal one works fine for me. I also use this all over my body. Another exfoliater I am loving is the benefit facial polish but this isn't very gritty - I am giving away some of this in my Instagram giveaway so be sure to enter!! 
I've also been asked to talk about sunscreens. Well this is something I don't really have a lot of knowledge on, I have this really amazing skin that doesn't burn and goes a beautiful brown and I'm just so lucky even though I'm so pale. I've literally never worn sun screen since I was a child. But I do make sure my little girl is slathered in factor 50 when the suns out. When she was about 6 months old I coated her in this blue sun screen and it went every where and I was covered and she was covered and then she got covered in sand and we had to go to the nearest shop and wash her down in a bathroom sink. So while I don't know a lot about sunscreens, I do know that in part of my giveaway is benefits facial emulsion which has SP15 and so can be used as a facial sunscreen, but honestly I cannot give any advice about this sorry!!! 
What is the best shampoo for bleached hair? Now some of you may or may not know I have worked and studied hairdressing though I never qualified (I literally just had 1 hair cut left to pass), not finishing my hairdressing qualification is a big regret of mine but we live and learn and hey !! My hair is so chemically processed it's unreal ive been every hair colour you can imagine. Bleaching your hair will literally strip the protein from your hair so you should always buy a protein based shampoo for bleached hair my favourite is redken extreme, but too much protein in your hair is going to dry it out so you need too find a happy medium. Mine is redken extreme shampoo teamed with the all soft conditioner and the all soft heavy treatment once a week. I also use redken extreme anti snap. Redken are basically my favourite hair care brand. Phillip Kingsley elasticizer is also an amazing treatment for really damaged hair my hair always feels so healthy after using this !! I always recommend buying a salon brand shampoo and being recommended it from your stylist who understands your hair needs!! 

So this is the only 3 questions I received :( I was originally planning to do this weekly but I think monthly may work better, let me know what you think!! 
Anything you need any sort of advice on please do not hesitate to ask me!!
As always any feedback is appreciated, please subscribe and please follow my Instagram billiesbeautyinsta. 
Thankyou for reading have a lovely day 💞

No comments:

Post a Comment