Friday 1 May 2015

Ysl touché éclat blur perfector balm review and dupe!!

The Hello and welcome to my blog!! 
Today's post is going to be a short review on my blur perfector and the dupe I discovered. 
So the description for the blur perfector from the ysl website is ..... 

    Our make-up artists favourite weapon for radiant blurred perfection

    For the first time at YSL, two never before combined benefits come together: light & blur. This multi-action powder-in-balm perfector, acts like an invisible foundation: visible pores appear minimised, skin feels smoother and complexion looks more uniform. The invisible, weightless new generation balm texture leaves skin feeling silky-soft.                                  

    It can be applied all over as a complexion perfector, as a finishing touch to complete your make-up routine, or as a perfecting and mattifying touch-up during the day.


    So I've used this a few times and in all honesty I'm not amazed. It's a good product but it's not really for me. The compact is beautiful the balm is in a pretty pink colour and everything is just gourgeous too look at. I first tried this over my makeup to use in place of a powder, I didn't find it mattifying enough for me plus I felt it moved my makeup underneath. I tried it on top of powder for a little extra help and again it done the same thing. I tried using it on bare skin and it is beautiful really does fill in pores and lines and feels so velvety. I tried using it as a primer and it was not so great - but it isn't sold as a primer so no big deal. 

    The only time I've really found this useful is when I'm out and about as a slight touch up so I don't go oily and for bare skin days (but I'm only ever really indoors on those days so what's the point), I'm kind of upset I haven't fallen in love with this product beause it's so pretty and I really wanted to love it. But I do feel to good product just not for me unfortunately. I will definitely keep this compact as a travel mirror thought when the balm has run out because it really is gourgeous. 


    Now on to the dupe, so literally the day after buying the blur perfector I found this in superdrug and was like I have to have it too compare!! It retails for £9.99 blur perfector is £31.50 so there is quite a difference!! Obviously from reading you've seen im not huge on blur perfector and I'm not huge on this either. The packing is horrible in all honesty the balm is white and just feels like a more watered down version. I tried this in all the same ways I tried blur perfector and it had all the same faults, I definetly wouldn't recomend this product to anybody because the quality just isn't there but that's just my opinion, I checked the boots website and there are tons of great reviews for this product so I just think these balm type things just aren't for me!! 



    If your going to go for a balm definetly go for the ysl it is much better, but I would recomed trying it out at the counter a few times and really doing some reaseach because it is so pricey!! 


    Thankyou for reading my blog !! Please let me know your thoughts on these products and how you use them!! 

    As always any feedback is always appreciated. 

    Please subscribe and follow my Instagram billiesbeautyinsta I am running a giveaway at the moment so make sure you enter !! 

    Have a wonderful day 💞

No comments:

Post a Comment