Friday 8 May 2015

Makeup on a budget!!

Hello and welcome to my blog!! 
Today's post is going to be about spending a little less on makeup. I love high end makeup but I also love a bargain hello I'm a mum!!!! I'm trying to save up for driving lessons to unfortunately my make budget has been cut :(. So here's my top tips on how to get what you want!!! 

Firstly is a new discovery of mine and what inspired me to write this post an amazing app called depop. Depop is used to sell many things but I've only been looking at makeup 🙈 it's kind of like an ebay instagram. I've seen people selling unused too faced bronzers for like £14!!  The only thing is there seems to be a lot of fake products floating around depop so you definetly have to be careful!! I also have seen a lot of people selling used mascaras, I really think this is pretty gross and you should never be using a mascara that has been on someone else's eyelashes so be sure to check what your buying and read all the info!!! 

Research research research !!! When buying high end products I feel it is so important to really research if they are actually worth it so many products I have i so wish I'd researched a little bit more and not wasted my money, find a youtuber or blogger that you really trust the opinion of and that you feel likes similar things too you (my favourite is fleur de force).Go to the counter and try out this specific product several times before you buy it, don't be afraid to ask for a sample if it is something that can be sampled. Just always make sure you 100% want and will use the product before you buy. 

Don't have doubles !!! I am so guilty of this, at the moment I have 5 open bottles of foundation why ????? I don't need five open. In future I'm not going to buy any untill there all used im so guilty with this with mascaras too, I don't think I've ever finished a mascara and it's such a waste of money. I definetly think I could cut down my spending by only opening one at a time. 

Look for dupes !!! Oh you know that Mac lipstick you love that cost £15.50 they sell a dupe in superdrug for £1. Obviously it's nice too have better lipsticks but if you are trying to budget I feel it's an area you can deffo cut down on!!! I just got some great makeup revolution lipsticks (some not so great) ,and I think they are definetly worth looking into. You can find dupes for almost anything as ive said before bourjois do a lot of chanel dupes!! Again if you research you'll be able to find what you want for way cheaper. 

Do not fall into the packaging trap. I am so guilty of buying things just for the packaging and never using them but they look cute!! It's a serious waste of money and possibly my biggest down fall. Please do not let packaging tempt you as they say never judge a book by its cover!! 

Try to go out with out makeup on - again I am guilty of this but what is the point in putting a full face on when your just popping to tesco for some milk. Try and cut down what you wear, you don't need a heavy contour and smokey eye to go to the library c'mon now. 

Get a points card, pretty self explanatory really boots and superdrug both do them so definetly worth getting!!! 

So I think this is it for my tips - if you have any others please leave a comment!! 
Thankyou for reading my blog please subscribe and follow my Instagram billiesbeautyinsta 
If you have any blog suggestions or any questions feel free to ask!!! 
Have a wonderful day !!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment