Thursday 2 April 2015

Anastasia Beverly Hills cream contour kit.

This product is my life. I completely adore this. I was trying for ages to teach myself to cream/liquid contour, buying all different foundations and concealers and just ended up looking a mess all the time and then this was launched; I'm not religious but thankyou God or whoever is up there. This is the most perfect most blendable contour product EVER, I cannot express to you how much I love this. 
Now firstly let me talk a little about anastasia Beverly Hills for those of us in the uk who have never heard of this fabulous brand - it is a American brand created by Anastasia Soare originally from Romania. Anastasia is very well known for creating amazing eyebrows and they're amazing brow products (all of which I'm yet to try 😭😭). Abh cosmetics are very popular amoung celebrities and makeup artists. Also they are cruelty free which is always a bonus for me. Here is a link to video with a breif history of Anastasia Beverly Hills - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=otfmbuhUQA4 
Right now let me start on the kit itself - there are currently 3 shades avalible these are light, medium and deep; they are coming out with a fair kit but I'm not sure when it drops. The kit I have is medium which i kind of regret choosing as I could of done with the light kit but I can get by on medium, for now ;). 
So you get 6 colours in each kit all of these colours are removable from the pallette it's self; each colour is 0.16 0z which doesn't seem like a lot but a little goes a long way. All of these colours are super pigmented creamy and blendable, there a little stiff to start with but once you've got a brush moving around in them they pick up beautifully.
The first shade is banna which is my highlight shade, I apply banna (using my small tapered kabuki brush from my ebay set), to the centre of my forehead, along my nose, in the corners of my nose, in the centre of my chin and along my jaw, my Cupid's bow, the corners of my lips and on my brow bone (I will post a picture below), then I blend with my real techniques stippling brush. Banna is a beautiful colour to highlight with, with a lovely subtle yellow undertone.
The next colour in the kit is cream, which for me actually works as a foundation. I apply this with a bog standard foundation brush all over my face. Obviously this is not designed as a foundation but it gives me a light/medium covarge and I actually feel like my highlight and contour sits so much better with this as a base.
Next is warm coral I loveeeee this colour and use it as a cream blush, it's super pigmented as I mentioned before and gives a nice healthy warm glow. 
The next is nude - depending on what kind of contour look im going for this is either my transition colour or contour colour in the pictures I will show it as my contour colour, I basically put this above and below every where I have highlighted and again I blend with a real techniques stippling brush or a flat top big kabuki from my ebay kit. 
The next colour is cinnamon, if I'm going for a heavy contour I use this above nude but only very slightly as too much of this will make me look orange - and in all honesty I only really do this because I want to get as much use out of the pallette as possible. 
The next colour is chocolate which I will never be able to use and have only swatched a few times. 
I feel like the medium kit may work a little better for me if I had a tan, and I will definitely be purchasing the light kit as soon as my banana shade runs out. 
This contour kit has been so amazing for me as I have learnt to contour I'm still yet to perfect the technique but this has made it 100% easier for me. My only regret with this is colour I chose, I wish I could of seen it in store before hand so I could of made a better choice I felt the same with the liquid lipstick I bought too. Please anastasia Beverly Hills, start selling in the uk (preferably at John Lewis), and that is all I have to say about this super amazing product thankyou for reading !! 
I'm so sorry this has taken me so long to put up ive been ill and taking pictures of my face has been a scary prospect haha !! I'm please leave me some comments and please subscribe!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment