Friday 10 April 2015

Primer comparison !

Hi there and welcome to my blog!! So recently I purchased ysl touche eclat blur primer and I when I sent a picture to my bestie she said it looked very similar to a guerlain primer she has (pictures below). I've already written about the ysl primer so please refer to that post if you'd like more info on that. These too primers are complelty different despite looking similar. Now let's start with the main 'similarity', the gold flecks, the ysl primer only contains gold pigment with gives a very slight shimmer in the sun the guerlain primer contains 24 carat gold which is absorbed by the skin,which is is a lot more beneficial in terms of skin care. Now for the actual formula the ysl is a lot heavier then the guerlian and is more of a silicone, I think the ysl is better for heavier makeup; the guarlain is very hydrating its almost watery in comparison to the ysl, you can definitely feel that it's better for your skin. Also the ysl is very scented whereas I couldn't actually smell anything when I applied the guerlain but unfortunately I didn't give it a proper sniff !!! Overall these are both great primers both with a great staying power and both can be worn bare; however the both serve different purposes for me I'll be sticking to the ysl beause it works for me! And is a lot cheaper then the guerlain but if the opportunity to use it came up again I wouldn't say no! They might look slightly similar but they certainly aren't! 
Anyway thanks for reading my blog please subscribe and follow my Instagram billiesbeautyinsta q


1 comment:

  1. I always have to use a primer! I love them! They make such a difference x
    theenglishrosegirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete