Thursday 23 April 2015

Glossy box !!

Hello and welcome to my blog! I've been slacking a little with blog posts I do apologise!! I had my daughter christened and have just been so busy I haven't had time!!
This post is going to be about my very first glossy box - now for those of you who don't know what glossy box is, it's a monthly beauty subscription. You pay £10 a month and get sent 5 'luxury' beauty samples right to your door. 
I'd been looking for a subscription box for a while and had been doing my research and eventually chose glossy box.
This months edition was a 50's Hollywood glamour theme and anyone who knows me knows how much a I love anything 50s so I had to have it! 
I recived the box on the mint green colour and it is truly gourgeous and will be great for storing makeup too !! Inside it has the quote 'we are all of us stars and we deserve to twinkle' Marilyn Monroe. 
The box was beautiful to open with th inside contents wrapped in tissue paper and stringy paper stuff (cannot think of the name forgive me). I was so excited to open my box I opened it in the car outside the post office 🙊
In all honesty I wasn't overly thrilled with the contents of my box I will only really use 1 product. 
First thing in the box was the one I knew I was getting the Lord and berry lipstick/lip crayon in the colour kiss - the formula of this is lovley but unfortunately the colour is just not me at all so I've given this to my sister who will hopefully get some use out of it!!! 
Next was a small pot of astral cream - it smells nice enough and is good as a moistrusier but it really is nothing special and certainly not 'luxury' I think the snaps I was sent is worth about 87p :/ 
next was an idc body lotion in rose - I can't comment much on this I hate rose scented creams so it was given straight to my sister!! 
Next was a black kajal eyeliner pencil by pop beauty, I love black pencil eyeliners so I will use this until it finishes, it's a great eyeliner and glides on perfectly !! I do love this eyeliner. 
Lastly was a nail varnish by colour club in the colour 'barley there', I'm yet to use this nail varnish and I'm doubtful I will the colour is not something I'd choose and the formala seems very runny. 
All in all I'm not as impressed with this box as I thought I would be .... I think if next months box is as uninteresting I will cancel the subscription and maybe switch to birch box?  
Please let me know about your thoughts on glossy box or any other boxes !!
And please subscribe and follow my Instagram billiesbeautyinsta 
Thankyou for reading !! 

No comments:

Post a Comment